If you are working in an organization or might have switched one, then you must have analyzed that big organizations rely on Microsoft Outlook for their business communication. This is all because of its user-friendliness and usability.
It rarely happens that you may get stuck in an error while using Outlook, but chances are still there. As you read this post, you must be looking for a solution to the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] Outlook error.
This post will tell you all about the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error, what it is, what its causes are, and many fixes to fix it. So, let’s begin!
Causes of [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] Error
If we talk about the most commonly occurring errors on Microsoft Outlook, then the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error occurs most of the time. The major reason for this error is its incompatibility with your PC. Let’s see the common reasons that cause this error:
- The application files in your PC are distorted, modified, or corrupted
- The Operating system, with Linux, Windows, or macOS, looks to be incompatible with the outlook application
- The Outlook files need to be updated or running at a previous version that no longer supports your operating system
- Somehow, you changed the default settings of your Outlook, and so it is acting abnormally
- You are not using the actual Outlook but have downloaded from a third-party source or just downloaded a pirated version
- More than one account is logged into Outlook
- The account you are using to log in to outlook is corrupted or faulty
If you find the cause of this error, let’s move toward solving this error.
Steps to Fix [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] Error
We will explain several fixes to fix the error, and we promise that one of the solutions will work for you. We strongly recommend you to start from the first fix and keep on trying unless a solution works for you.
These fixes are straightforward, and we have explained them in simple words so everyone can understand and check the fix.
Quick Fixes and Identifying Step:
Let’s talk about the nippy fixes and some identifying steps.
Maybe your internet is the one which is causing the problem. Yes, slow internet and some distorted files on your RAM can cause the error. This is very easy to check:
- See if the internet is working slowly or not. For example, type in the address of Fast.com in your browser’s search bar. This site will help you analyze the speed of your internet. If the internet is prolonged, then that’s the real problem. Try to fix it first and then go for other solutions.
- Check for the modified files and try to restart your PC. Restarting helps in erasing everything from your RAM, and this will also help in shutting down any “Not Responding” program or any minor thread that may be causing abnormal behavior. Yes, any such program can generate a black screen to show your outlook and cause the error.
After these minor and quick fixes, see if the error still occurs. If yes, then move towards the below solutions.
Fix 1: Look for Multiple Accounts Logging in to the Same Microsoft Outlook
In 90 percent cases, the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error occurs due to more than one account logged in Outlook. That’s why we kept it as the first step in our list of solutions. Try to delete all of them and then log in with one account only. Just go through the below steps and delete the multiple accounts:
- Open the Outlook on your PC
- Head over there where all logged-in accounts are listed. Most probably, you will see an option of “Email Accounts.”
- When you see the logged-in list of accounts, then simply right-click on them and then click “Remove.”
- Delete all the accounts
- Now log into Outlook with only one account
- See, if the error goes
Most probably, this fix will solve the problem for you. But if not, then let’s move to the next solution.
Fix 2: Look for the Compatibility Between MS Outlook and Your PC
This is another major cause of this error. You need to check if your system supports MS Outlook or not. If the system supports then simply move to the next fix; otherwise, you need to update the MS outlook to make it compatible with your system. Let’s see how can you check the compatibility:
- Open the MS Outlook on your PC
- See your application in the top right corner and click on the “Help” button. You will find all the information regarding MS Outlook and see the version.
- Now hit this site. See Compatibility, and check if your system supports it.
- If both are not suitable, then simply uninstall the current version of your Outlook and install the latest.
But if the error resides, you can simply go to the next fix.
Fix 3: Use a Microsoft exe to Solve the Problem
Microsoft has provided us with an exe file known as SCANPST.exe, which can solve all the Microsoft outlook errors. There are many variants of pii_email error, and this exe file can solve them. Let’s see the below steps to solve [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error using the exe file:
- Go to “My Computer”
- Open your Office version. You will find it in Program Files, then Microsoft Office, and then Office 14, 16, or 18
- Look for SCANPST.exe here. You will indeed find it here. Run it as an administrator
- Open the exe file and click on the “Browse” button and search for the PST file that has been modified or corrupted.
- Now click on the “Start button.”
- If you want to stay secure, then download a backup file of the PST by clicking on “Make a Backup of Scanned File Before Repairing.” Save it to your desired location.
See if the error still resides. If not, you have solved the problem; otherwise, no worries, you can go to the next one.
Fix 4: Clear Cache and the Cookies
Removing everything from the cache and erasing the cookies can help solve the problem. This will eventually make everything fresh and probably fix the error.
- Open the MS Outlook on your PC
- See on the left of the screen and open the navigation bar
- Right-click on the Exchange Folder for which cache needs to be emptied
- Go to its properties
- See for the General tab and click the “Empty Cache” button
- The folder will be empty, and the cache will be erased out
Fix 5: Update the MS Outlook
If you have been continuously ignoring the updates, this might be the cause of this [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error. Try to update Outlook to the latest version and restart the PC to see the changes.
Fix 6: Use the Web App for MS Outlook
If you need to check out an urgent email and the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error is not solved, you can simply use the web app.
- Open your favorite browser and look for the outlook web app
- Sign in with your credentials
Enjoy using this web app for Outlook
Fix 7: Use Virtual Private Network
Sometimes, the Internet Service Provider closes the access to all Outlook servers, so you can’t access Outlook anymore. This can cause the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error to occur. For that, you can use a VPN connection.
Just establish a safe connection to the VPN and start using Outlook.
Fix 8: Install the MS Outlook Again on your PC
If you are still getting the same [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error and none of the above solutions worked out, it’s time to uninstall MS Outlook and download the latest one. The error is in the core files, and you can do nothing but install it again.
For example, if you did not install it from the official website or just installed a pirated version or got it from another third-party source, then reinstalling can help you solve the problem.
Uninstall the latest version and install it from the official site. This will help you remove all the modified files and get the outlook back to the default settings. Ninety-nine percent chances are that this fix will surely solve the problem; otherwise, you should consult Microsoft Support.
Fix 9: Contact Microsoft Customer Support
When none of the solutions are working, only Customer Support can fix the [pii_email_c1646d6cd617ef1be6ab] error. Many people think they respond so late to the customers, but that’s not the case now. You will get the support in the next 24 hours, and that’s one of the quick fixes.
Try to go through each fix, following a step-by-step approach. Do let us know which of the fixes worked out for you. If some other solution helped you fix the problem, do let us know about that.