Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening issue/ Failed to Start
Razer hosts some of the most impressive gaming peripherals and sound systems most gamers love. Their realistic and fantastic surround sound systems are beyond amazing, and their configurational support is pretty commendable. Regardless of how well it works, users have commented on the recent issue that the razer synapse won’t open. If you’re also facing the same problem, we’re here to help you out.
Razer Synapse Not Working
We will discuss the solutions if you’re also concerned that the razer synapse won’t open windows 10. But before we do, we’ll look at the causes. You aren’t alone in facing this issue because it is faced worldwide, and many people are looking for a solution. Here are the possible reasons Razer Synapse failed to start.
- Outdated drivers are one of the most common causes of Razer Synapse not launching.
- Restriction by the System Administration may be another cause.
- The firewall may restrict the tool from working.
- You may have some corrupt system files.
Fixes for Razer Synapse Failed to Start
Now that we’ve looked at the causes, we’ll head to the ways to resolve the issue. Here are some tested solutions we hope will work for you as well. Read each of the answers carefully. One, if not more, should work for you.
1. Run Razer Synapse as the Administrator
Usually, the admin restriction doesn’t let you open the tool on your Windows device. If this is the cause, you should run the Razer Synapse as the administrator and check if the issue resolves. Follow these steps.
- On your Razer Synapse icon, make a right-click. This icon is on your desktop.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option from the opened drop-down menu and click OK in the following Window.
2. Restart the Services of Razer Synapse
Some people reported that closing down all the Razer processes and starting again helped to resolve the issue. It would be best if you also tried restarting the Razer Synapse services with the following steps.
- Search your way to the device Task Manager or press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys together.
- Find the Razer Synapse processes and right-click to end all these tasks here. Click on the “End Task” button at the Window’s bottom-right end. Repeat this for all the Razer process tasks running on our device.
- Now click the “Services” tab and search Razer Synapse service and Razer Central service.
- Right-click on these and select “Start” or “Restart.”
Once done, try opening Razer Synapse again to see if the problem is resolved. Check out how to solve different problems as well.
3. Clean and Reinstall Razer Synapse
If your problem isn’t resolved with the methods above, the cause may be corrupted files of the software. Try to reinstall the software with the steps below.
- Shut down all your Razer Synapse programs, i.e., Razer Cortex, Razer Chroma, and Razer Synapse.
- Now press the Windows and R keys together. Type “control appwiz.cpl” and press the enter button. The control panel will open.
- Search for Razer Synapse in this section and Uninstall the software from your PC. Follow the step-by-step instructions on the screen.
- Unplug all your Razer devices.
- Search for Razer-Synapse-related files on your PC and delete them.
- Open “C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Razer” and deleted all linked folders.
- Now restart the PC.
- Go to the official site of Razer Synapse and download the newest version of the software.
- Reconnect all your Razer devices. They will be automatically detected.
Hopefully, your issue of Razer Synapse not working issue resolves with this method.
4. Reinstall the Drivers or Razer Device
Razer Synapse may often not work because of outdated or corrupt device drivers. The solution is to reinstall the Razer Synapse device drivers with the following method.
- Press the Windows and R keys together on your device. In the box, type “devmgmt.msc” to open the device manager.
- Double-click on the option “mice and other pointing devices,” “keyboards,” and “human interface device” sections to expand them.
- From here, right-click on the Razer Synapse devices like mouse or keyboard to uninstall them.
- Choose the option “delete the driver software from this device” from the pop-up option and click on the button “Uninstall.”
- Now unplug all your Razer devices connected to our PC and restart the PC.
- Reconnect the devices to your PC and download the latest device drivers once your tools are detected.
5. Turn off the Third-Party Antivirus
Your system’s antivirus or built-in firewall defender can sometimes block Razer Synapse and stop it from running. If you also have an antivirus running on your system, you may want to disable it temporarily or create an exception (white) list. Similar is the case with Windows Firewall defender. Here’s how you can turn it off temporarily.
- Press the Windows and R keys together and type “firewall.cpl” in the bar. Press enter.
- Click on the option “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” to access options.
- Choose both the buttons, “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall,” and then click on OK.
6. Update the Microsoft .NET Framework
An outdated .NET framework version may cause Razer Synapse not to work or fail to start. You may face this issue without the latest version of the .NET framework. If this is the cause, you’ll need to update your device’s latest framework. Go to the Microsoft website’s page of .NET. Check if you have downloaded the latest version. If you have the newest framework, you’re good to go. If not, you’ll need to download this setup and install the Microsoft .NET framework.
7. Update Windows OS Latest Version
Most issues are resolved by updating the Windows operating system as it rids the system of glitches and bugs that may appear in the OS. It also brings in new updates to the system. Here’s how to update your system.
- Go to Windows settings through the gear icon, or press Windows and I keys together.
- From here, head to the option “Updates and Security.” The Windows update page will open.
- Click the button “check for updates” at the Windows top end. Wait for the search to end for available updates.
- If you see any updates, the computer will show a list.
So, above, we have covered a comprehensive guide covering all the solutions to the Razer Synapse opening issue. These solutions have worked for most people, and we hope they work for you too! Yet, if they don’t, feel free to contact Windows and Razer Synapse support for help.