Microsoft Outlook is among the best email services people use to send emails for personal and professional purposes. As more and more people start using Outlook for their business and personal use, some common errors now surface that almost everyone has experienced in some part of their lives. These pii_errors are common when using Microsoft Outlook.
One of these common errors in the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error code can often be very annoying. Let’s look at why this error occurs and how it can be solved.
What Causes the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] Error?
The [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error most commonly occurs when your desktop or computer’s Windows version is incompatible with the Outlook version. Nevertheless, there are some other causes of this error as well. These are enlisted below.
- Your Outlook application may be broken.
- You have downloaded Outlook from a 3rd part website or are using the pirated version of the app.
- You may be using a duplicate account on Outlook.
- Your profile on Outlook may be corrupted.
- A Firewall or Antivirus has blocked the Email.
How to Solve [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] Easily
Now that you know the causes of this error, we need to head to the solutions. We will discuss the different methods you can use to resolve this error code in detail.
1. Check for Duplicate Accounts and Delete Them
The [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error code can often be caused by a duplicate account on Outlook. You’d need to see if you have the same account and delete it to remove the error. Follow these steps.
- Go to Control Panel. Here search for “Large Category.”
- Once you find it, click on “Mail.”
- From here go to “Email Account”.
- Here you have a list of the saved accounts on the computer. Search for any duplicate account.
- If you see a duplicate account, click on “Delete”.
- Try removing all the accounts and keep only one account. See if Outlook works. If it doesn’t, try the other methods covered below.
2. Checking for Compatibility of the Device
Another reason for the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error is the incompatibility of the Outlook version. If you don’t have the compatible version installed on your device, you may not be able to use the app. If the version is compatible, you just have to turn it on. Here is how you can check the compatibility.
- On your computer, open Microsoft Outlook.
- The Help menu will open. Go to Help and then go to “Regarding Microsoft Office Outlook.”
- The “About” area will show you the version of Outlook you have. Check if you have the latest upgrade of the app installed.
This link can also be used to see whether your Outlook version of consistent with your machine’s Outlook edition. Uninstall and then reinstall Outlook to make it work on your computer. This should resolve the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error code.
3. Use ScanPst.exe to Solve the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] Error
One of the tools used to resolve such pii errors in Microsoft Outlook is ScanPst.exe. Here is how to use this tool to resolve the issue.
- On your desktop, open “My Computer.”
- Go to Program Files, Microsoft Office, and then Office (Your version, you’ll see it like Office 18, etc.)
- Go to Folder search and type SCANPST.exe to search for it. Once found, run it as administrator.
- After the application is opened, click on the browse button. Choose the corrupt PST file.
- After selecting this PST file, click on “Start.”
- If you want to keep the PST backup file, click on the option “backup of scanned file before repairing” and choose the location where you want the backup file to be saved.
Once the PST file is repaired, check if Outlook works or not. The error should hopefully be resolved with this method.
4. Checking for Rules of Antivirus Firewall
If the method above doesn’t work, you should check the Windows antivirus and defender firewalls.
If Outlook is downloaded from a pirated domain, your computer’s antivirus software will prevent you from using it. If you’ve downloaded it from Microsoft’s website, it’s okay. But if you’re using some third-party app, make sure it’s trusted. If you still face this error, even after downloading Outlook from a safe source, you should turn off the antivirus and see whether Outlook is working or not.
Consider a specialist for the Firewall issue. Because we don’t know which antivirus you are using, check the FAQs section of the antivirus to see how to turn it off. However, if you haven’t installed an antivirus, turn off the Windows defender.
After turning off the Firewall, your [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error should be resolved. If not, go to the solutions ahead.
5. Check the Speed of Your Internet Connection
In most pii errors occurring on Outlook, the most common culprit is often a poor internet connection. Checking the internet connection is a good idea because sometimes Outlook may not work because of slow internet speed. To check your internet speed, you can use different websites like those enlisted below.
To see if the error occurs again, wait for the internet connection to be restored. If the error still occurs, you should use a VPN.
6. Reinstall the Outlook Application
If all the other methods have failed in resolving the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error, this fixing method should be used. If none of the methods work, try reinstalling the app with the following steps.
- Open the “Control Panel” and go to the section “Programs and Features.”
- Search for Microsoft Office, and once located, double-click on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Microsoft office icon.
- Once it is uninstalled, reinstall the app from the company’s official website. Make sure to download the latest version.
- Access the app from your system.
- Log in with your email and see if the error persists.
Yes, the [pii_email_be5f33dbc1906d2b5336] error can be very frustrating, but you don’t have to worry because the solutions above should work for you. We hope these methods help you eliminate the annoying Microsoft error code.