Microsoft is the most reliable and efficient email desktop application in comparison to many. It has the best system that meets the expectations of professionals due to keeping a record of details like dates, calendars, and meeting minutes. The mail system is also efficient as well as user-friendly for effective communication to take place. Microsoft Outlook is although a well-developed application, unfortunately, errors like [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] can occur.
This article will discuss the possible causes of how [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] occurs and thoroughly discuss its solutions to help any user having difficulty solving the error.
What is [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Error?
The [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error is the most common error faced on MS Outlook. This error stops the functioning of the application. That means it blocks the mails for sending or receiving to an individual. There can be a few causes for this error to happen, which are discussed further.
What are The Causes of [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Error?
The main cause of [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error to occur can be due to the error during its installation process. However, this is mostly the cause for it to occur there are other possible causes as well.
- This error can occur as a result of overflowing or corrupted cookies and browser cache data.
- Duplicate or multiple accounts is used. This means that the user has signed into MS Outlook from more than one account.
- An older version or a version that is not compatible with the Windows version is installed.
- The firewall or the virus software system rules are blocking the application.
- You are using a non-reliable or pirated version of MS Outlook.
- Your user profile is corrupted.
- The cause can be a simple one as well. You might have an unstable internet connection hence the error occurring while you are working.
Solutions for [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Error
After looking at the causes, you might have gotten a fair idea of the cause for [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error on your MS Outlook application. However, this is not a complicated error that can not be resolved easily. These simple 6 solutions cover all the causes and the possible solutions that will definitely solve your problem.
1. Check The Rules For Antivirus or Firewalls
Your MS Outlook application might be fine. It must have no other errors or even if it’s pirated might not be an issue. The main issue causing it might be the rules of the firewall that the windows defender has set. Many times, the rules from the firewall stop the way a Microsoft Outlook application should work thus causing the [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] error to occur.
You need to check if this is the problem that is causing the error and disrupting your work, the possible solutions you can try are re-installing and installing the application again or disabling the antivirus by checking the official website of your antivirus on how to disable it. If you have not downloaded any antivirus and windows defender present in windows is your default antivirus you can follow these simple steps to disable it.
- Select start on your PC.
- Go to settings, then select ‘Update & Security.’
- In Update & security, select ‘windows security’ and go to ‘Virus & threat protection.’
- Then select ‘Manage settings’ or ‘Virus & threat protection settings’ depending on the Windows version you are using.
- Switch the ‘real-time protection’ to off.
After completing the steps go and check if your problem is solved. If not, you would want to try the next solution.
2. Check for The Outlook Version
The main cause of [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] to occur may be due to an error in the process of installing it. Often when the outlook version is incompatible with a user’s desktop the installation skips some steps thus it is necessary to be aware that you are using the correct version. For that to happen you need to check the version you are using. Follow these easy steps to check your version of outlook.
- Open the MS Outlook application on your computer.
- Select ‘Help’ on the menu.
- Go to ‘About Microsoft Outlook’
You will be able to view the version of outlook it is. After this check your desktop to ensure which version of outlook is compatible. To fix your problem uninstall the application if it is incompatible and install a compatible version. You can uninstall the application even if is incompatible and reinstall it from the official site of Outlook to ensure you have not downloaded a pirated one from a third-party website if your problem is still not resolved, move to the next solution.
3. Delete AppData and LocalAppData
Errors like these often occur due to the issue of duplicate accounts thus it is best to clear temporary files from LocalAppData and AppData from outlook as the temporary files in the RAM may have caused [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426]. To do this you need to follow these steps and easily solve the problem causing the annoying error.
- Type ‘Control+R on your keyboard. It will open a run dialogue.
- Type ‘%appdata%
- Delete all the files in it. You can also delete the outlook files only if you’re not willing to delete them all.
To delete files from LocalAppData, follow these steps.
- Type ‘Control+R’ to open the run dialogue.
- Type %localappdata%
- Delete all the files in that folder.
Go and check if the error is solved. If not, then move to the next solution.
4. Check and Solve The Problem of Duplicate Account
It is possible that [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] is occurring due to the problem of duplicate accounts as for errors like these this is often the main cause of the problem. You need to check for duplicate accounts and resolve the problem by following these steps.
- Open the control panel on your desktop.
- Go to view by and click on ‘large category.’
- Select ‘mail’
- On the pop-up that has appeared, click ‘E-mail accounts.’
- The email accounts that are on your MS Outlook will appear. Check to see if there are duplicate accounts and delete if any.
It is best if you delete all accounts and add new accounts again to solve the error. After doing all of this, go back to see if [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] is solved. If not, then move on to the next step.
5. Use SCANPST.exe
SCANPST is an application made by Microsoft itself to fix different kinds of errors that have been reported after being faced by many people. This application can be used to solve this particular error as well. It is very easy to use this application, and this step-by-step process will guide you properly on how to do it.
- Open ‘This PC’ on your computer.
- Click on ‘program files’
- Go to ‘Microsoft Office’ then click on your version of ‘Office.’
- Search for SCANPST.exe and run the application.
- Open the application and search for the PST file that is corrupted.
- After the relevant selection click ‘Start.’
- Select ‘Make a backup of scanned file before repairing’ to make a backup and decide a location for it to save.
Once the corrupted PST file has been repaired go back and see if the error has been resolved as it may have if the error had occurred due to the corrupted PST file. If not, then there be another cause for the error to occur hence try another solution.
6. Clear Cookies and Cache
Another cause for this issue is probably the overload of the cookies and cache data stored in the background. If this is the cause of the error, then it is best to clear them. Make sure to have a backup before clearing them to avoid losing any important information that may have been stored. To clear cookies and cache data follow these simple steps to make the task easy to achieve.
- Open system accessibility window in your computer.
- On the upper right corner of the screen click on the three vertical dots.
- Now click on the option of ‘more tools’
- From the next tab, select browsing details to open a list.
- Select ‘cookies, other site data, and cache images’ from the list
- After this, click on ‘clear data’ to clear all the data.
- Exit the page and restart your computer.
Open the Microsoft application to check if the error has been solved. If this problem caused it, you will not face the error again.
While these errors are not very serious, they can be frustrating. The 6 easy steps mentioned in this article will help you solve them. After this, you will be able to continue using Microsoft Outlook.