Microsoft Office Outlook users may feel caught in a jam when faced with the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error.
If you are one such user, our guide can help you troubleshoot this error so you can use Outlook for your purposes.
Microsoft Office Outlook is the email client application that Microsoft developed. Various professionals use it globally to organize and manage their emails efficiently. Outlook lets its users access different frequently used email websites without opening a web browser.
Besides sending and receiving emails in one place, Outlook lets its users track tasks, manage their calendars, manage names and details of their contacts, and take notes. Many successful companies use outlook to remain at their most productive.
The application’s importance shows how important it is for Outlook to continue working smoothly. Users may get the error code [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] on their screens, halting their work on the app. It is a good idea for frequent users of Outlook to know about common errors like [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] and solve them if possible.
Let’s try to understand what this error is and what it is caused by to figure out how to resolve the error.
Causes of [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] Error in Outlook
The [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error occurs in Outlook is a fairly common error in the application. There are several reasons why this error could occur, but luckily many of those reasons are interrelated and have simple fixes.
1. Incompatible Outlook Version
The version of Outlook you are using is not compatible with your device’s Windows/software version.
2. Outdated Version of Microsoft Office Outlook
Using an old, out-dated version of Outlook can cause users to face the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error.
3. Corrupt Outlook Files
Your Outlook files may be corrupted and causing this error to occur.
4. Misconfigured Outlook Settings
Your Outlook settings may be misconfigured, causing this error.
5. Pirated Outlook Version
Illegally obtained Outlook versions tend to cause errors in the workings of the Outlook application.
6. Multiple Accounts
Too many accounts running simultaneously can cause issues in the efficient functioning of the Outlook application and generate an [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error.
7. Corrupted Account
Your Outlook account may be corrupted somehow and causing issues.
8. Issues With SMTP Configuration
Your SMTP configuration may be incorrect, which causes this error.
9. Issues With Outlook Installation Process
It is possible that something went wrong while you installed Outlook on your device; for example, installation files become absent from the device.
10. Problem in Your Email Account
There may be an issue with your email account getting the error notification.
12. Third-Party Apps
Third-party applications on your computer, especially other email apps like Yahoo, Gmail, and Apple Mail.
13. A Disconnected Or A Weak Internet Connection
A slow or unstable internet connection can result in getting a [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error on Outlook.
14. Antivirus Program Issues
Your device’s antivirus program can sometimes cause issues in Outlook, causing it to give a [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error.
How to Troubleshoot Error [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] in Outlook?
Various reasons may cause the error [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7], and if you’re lucky, your issue may be easily solvable.
Some uncomplicated methods to consider before moving to the more complex procedures are described below.
- If you suspect your issue may be due to a third-party application, uninstall all third-party email applications on your device like Yahoo, Gmail, or Apple Mail. Then relaunch Outlook to check if the error is persisting.
- Log in using another email account into Outlook to rule out an issue with the specific email account that got the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error message.
- Check for any duplicate accounts on Outlook that may have been created by accumulating the app cache. Duplicate accounts are often heavy on the RAM of Outlook and cause an [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error.
- Use a VPN while using Outlook to check whether your internet provider may have blocked Outlook in your area. A VPN is a Virtual Protected Network. You can download a VPN app from many good options like SuperVPN, Nord VPN, Surfshark VPN, and Express VPN.
The VPN will allow you to bypass any restrictions your internet provider may have placed on Outlook and may remove the error message.
- If your internet connection is unstable or slow, it may cause the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error to occur. Use websites like speedtest.net or fast.com to check if your internet connection’s speed is too slow. If that is the case, try restarting your router to solve the issue and check if that resolves the error on Outlook.
6 Proven Solutions For [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] Error in Outlook
If the given easy steps prove fruitless in troubleshooting the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error in Outlook, read on to find six proven steps to resolve this error.
1. Check For SMTP Configuration
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol used to send and receive emails from one server to another. SMTP configuration includes email, username, password, and port number.
To solve possible SMTP issues, follow these steps:
- Launch Control Panel and change the view to “large category.”
- Click Mail from the options given in the Control Panel.
- From the pop-up window that opens up on the screen, click on E-mail Accounts.
- Firstly, check the list of email accounts if any accounts have duplicates. Delete any duplicate accounts.
- Double click on the email address using which you received the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error message on Outlook.
- Click on the more settings option.
- Enter username and password if you get the message ”my server requires authentication”. If not, then you can skip this step.
- Go to the Advanced tab and look up the IMAP and SMTP port numbers. Enter the following standard port numbers:
- Launch Outlook and check to see if the error has been resolved.
If not, try another one of the solutions.
2. Clear Cache And Cookies
If you have never cleared Outlook cookies and cache, this might be the culprit behind your [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] Outlook error. Follow these steps to remove cookie and cache data:
- Press the Control + R keys on your keyboard to run cache access.
- In the search window that appears, enter “%Localappdata%.”
- A folder for LocalAppData appears. Delete this folder.
- Relaunch Outlook to check whether the error is still showing. If it is, then try another one of our six proven solutions.
3. Uninstall And Reinstall Outlook
If your error is caused by a fault in the installation process, like by missing or deleted installation files of Outlook or due to an older version of Outlook, you can fix this by uninstalling and then reinstalling your Outlook program. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button on your computer.
- Select Control Panel from the pop-up menu that opens.
- Choose Category view and then select Uninstall A Program.
- Choose whichever version of Microsoft Office you are using from the options.
- Follow the directions that are given to you to finish the uninstall process.
- Reinstall the latest version of Microsoft Office from the official Microsoft Office website.
- Restart your computer and launch the Outlook application.
- Log in with your account information and check if the error is still present. If it is, follow the next step.
4. Disable Your Device’s Antivirus Software
If your antivirus program is blocking Outlook from connecting to the email client, disabling the antivirus should resolve the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error.
To disable the antivirus software:
- Click the Start button and then click on the Control Panel.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Right-click on Virus and Threat Protection.
- Go to Manage Settings.
- Click on Real-Time Protection and disable it.
- Run the Outlook application to check if the error is resolved. If not, try the next step.
5. Update Your Windows
If your Outlook version is not compatible with your Windows, you are using an older, outdated version of Windows. To update your Windows to the latest version, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Start button on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the search box in the pop-up menu that opens, type in ”Update”.
- Click Windows Update and click on Check For Updates.
- If the search results say, your Windows version has an update available, select the option to download and install the important updates.
- Restart your computer after the installation process has finished.
- On this updated Windows version, launch Outlook and check if the error persists. If not, then try this next step.
6. Use Microsoft’s Automated Repair Tool
If all the above steps do not work, you can try running Microsoft Office’s auto repair tool installed with the Microsoft Office program onto your computer. This tool is simple and will most likely identify your issue causing the [pii_email_84e9c709276f599ab1e7] error in Outlook.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the Software and Feature option.
- Click the Microsoft Office option, then click Edit and then click Repair.
- The wizard will run in the background, identifying and resolving issues while mentioning them.
- Restart your computer and relaunch Outlook after the wizard has completed its process.
Receiving an error with many causes in Outlook can be incredibly frustrating when you just want to get your emails sent and organized. However, with our proven steps, you can figure out and troubleshoot the error by the process of elimination.